I recently presented a couple workshops that provided an introduction to social media. I will be posting some video excerpts here.
Today’s video looks takes a high level over view of what social media is and how it works. The principles cover apply generally to all forms of social media. Following the video, you will find a point form outline of some of the concepts presented and links to related blog posts.
Join the conversation
- A conversation is occurring about your business or organization and/or on issues concerning you. You can choose to be a part of the conversation or ignore it at your own risk.
Be online who you are in real life
- Be genuine. Be a person
- Different social circles / different social media
- Do you want your mother to see it in the news?
- Blog post: Different social media. Different social circles.
Social Media is about building relationships
- Avoid hard sales
- Avoid only pushing out information
- Listen / engage / interact
- Connect online with people in real life & vice versa
- Blog post: Putting the social into social media
- About the long game
- No quick wins