Here are some samples of James Howe’s public relations and media relations work for nonprofits:
Reep Green Solutions
As its Communications Manager, James helped the charity raise awareness of its role in helping people to live sustainably with proactive media relations. Here are some examples.
News Releases & Media Coverage
- RAIN Smart program – Waterloo Region residents asked to show storm drains some love, November 2017
- Launch of 2017 Report to the Community – ‘Default’ drivers urged to look at more sustainable transportation options, The Record, Oct. 2, 2017
- RAIN Smart Neighbourhood project – Rain garden plays to environmental future, The Record, May 22, 2017 (see news release)
- Zero waste challenge coverage (see news release)
- No more garbage than can fit in a Mason jar, The Record, October 21, 2016
- Waterloo region’s zero waste challenge begins Monday, CBC Kitchener-Waterloo, October 23, 2016 (plus 2 on-air interviews)
- Home energy efficiency – Kitchener residents can’t access new Ontario home retrofit program, CBC Kitchener-Waterloo, Feb. 5, 2016 (This media coverage helped to have the program revised to include Kitchener Utilities customers as found in this news release.)
Home energy Coach – Energy coach helps guide homeowners through renovations, The Record, October 1, 2015
Climate Change Consultation
James helped a grassroots collaboration plan the largest consultation to provide feedback to the federal government. Over 300 participated.
Federal climate change consultation coming to region, Kitchener Post, August 10, 2016
Video of consultation:
Women’s Crisis Services 2013 Awareness Campaign
Abusive relationships hurt kids too – Cambridge Times
Waterloo Region Early Learning Coalition
Here’s a post on the successful campaign I created for the Waterloo Region Early Learning Coalition to give parents the option to use existing child care programs before and after school.