James Howe welcomes invitations to speak to groups and conferences or to be a member of a panel on a variety of topics involving communications and social media. He especially loves talking about how charities and nonprofits can enhance their communications efforts.
James is a recognized expert in nonprofit use of digital and social media. In addition to blogging advice on these topics, I wrote the chapter on social fundraising in a newly published book Excellence in Fundraising in Canada: Volume Two.
Upcoming speaking engagements:
To be announced soon!
Past speaking engagements:
- Social Media – Increasing Program Reach, October 2, York Region Administrative Centre, 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. for NFP executive directors, board members, agency staff and volunteers
- Two Panels at 2014 Nonprofit Technology Conference (#14NTC), Washington D.C.
- Putting the Power of Social Media to Work – Nov. 12: International Association of Administrative Professionals – Grand River Chapter / Nov. 20 – Credit Institute of Canada – Conestoga Chapter
- July 10, 2013 – Getting Started on Social Media for Small Nonprofits – Family Centre Community Hub Workshop Series
- James spoke on June 10 at Social Media inspirations! that also featured John Haydon, Ryan Davis, Paul Nazareth & Lisa Middleton.
- Social Media Capital in Ottawa on June 1 – Integrating video into your social media content strategy
- February 25, 2013, I lead two sessions at SOCIAL MEDIA SUMMIT including one on how to use Twitter to build relationships
- On January 7, 2013, I lead a session on Twitter: the greatest relationship building tool that exists at the Kitchener Public Library
- On October 12, 2012, I lead a session on Twitter: The greatest relationship building tool that exists at Netsquared Camp Toronto.
- I presented a session on the fundamentals of social media at Podcamp Toronto on February 25, 2012. See my post on this presentation to learn more.
- Avonova Meeting, January 10, 2012, Stratford, Ontario – I participated on a panel that discussed how to use social media from both a personal and business perspective. Here is the Stratford Beacon Herald’s coverage of the event including quotes from me.
- #140ConferenceONT – September 2011, Kitchener, Ontario – This sold out conference was about the impact that social media–especially Twitter–can make. I am on a panel to talk about my experience as founder of Social Media Breakfast: Waterloo Region and the community that has resulted.